Monday, January 20, 2020

Reading Notes: Week 2, Anthology

Initially, I wanted to just focus on the plot, but after reading the stories, I also focused in one character. 

The Foolish, Timid Rabbit by Ellen C. Babbitt
For this story, what stuck with me was the lion. When all the animals were running, it was the lion who was the voice of reason and courage. It was his roar that silenced the all the others. The rest of the animals feared him since he was at the top of the food chain. None of the others animals thought to check out where the rabbit slept. In other words, no one else thought for themselves and just followed the crowd. Furthermore, I didn’t expect the story to end so quick; I thought there would be more to the story. For example, I thought that none of the animals would believe the rabbit so quickly. I might change that part of the plot. 

The Turtle and the Geese by Ellen C. Babbitt
The unique feature that I took from this was the sad ending. After reading the brief summary, I was waiting to see why the turtle was foolish. By focusing on the plot, the ending hit me hard because it was so unexpected and an unhappy ending. Using an unexpected ending or maybe an unhappy ending would be a tool I could use to make my story unique and memorable. Similar to the previous one, this story also had a lesson to be learned. I’m not entirely confident that I can explain it correctly so I’ll leave it at that. 

In both of these stories, I would like to include an important lesson behind my plot.

The Feared Lion
Source: Sacred

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did You Guys Miss Me? 2022

 Dear My Loyal Followers,       Today I just remembered that I had this blog. It is crazy that its been two years since my last post. So man...