Sunday, January 19, 2020

Time Strategies

The two advice articles I read were Eat The Frogs First Thing in the Morning (And Other Better Work Habits) and How to Build a Realistic Study Plan That You’ll Actually Stick To.
After reading the first article, it reiterated a hard pill to swallow. The advice was to first finish the one task that you are most reluctant to do. Get the task done first thing in the day so you won’t have to worry about it later. Plus, doing the foreboding task gives you motivation and energy for later tasks. The writer is absolutely right even if I have a difficult time following his advice. My biggest challenge for a while is being focused and consistent. I’m scheduled to take the MCAT this March and the preparation requires studying everyday for four hours (for me that is). Before classes began, I took an hour to plan everything from when I wake up, go to the gym, eat, go to class and finally, to when I study. I found that when I had a schedule for my workouts it helped me get my exercise out of the way.

For the second article, the other advice I took from it was to be honest with myself. I tend to get optimistic and think that I can read a whole chapter from my Biochemistry book in two hours. I need to be more honest with myself and give myself enough time to study. Also, when I schedule my plan I have to include not only the reading portion, but as well as going over questions and testing myself. Reading these articles reminded me of what I need to do and I just hope I stick to their advice.

Frogs & Plan

Eat the Frog! 
Source: Kapua

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did You Guys Miss Me? 2022

 Dear My Loyal Followers,       Today I just remembered that I had this blog. It is crazy that its been two years since my last post. So man...