Sunday, February 2, 2020

Famous Last Words: Plus Ultra!

Recently, I’ve been keeping up with the coronavirus outbreak in China. Yesterday, I read that a man in the Philippines died from the virus. The entire situation freaks me out because my family lives there, and I don’t want them to get infected. I messaged my cousins, who have Instagram, and told them to be extremely careful. Every time I get on social media, the death toll from the coronavirus increases; right now, the death toll already reached 300. What’s even crazier is that I have a friend who is studying abroad there. She’s stuck because of the travel ban. In the earlier stages of the outbreak, WHO didn’t declare it as a global emergency and now, they’ve officially announced it. There is no vaccine and the virus is difficult to treat. I pray that this situation gets better because my mom is traveling to the Philippines this March. 

On a brighter note, an exciting event I went to was my photoshoot for a pageant that I’m in. Today, the contestants and the students in charge of the pageant committee, went to the city to take headshots and film stuff for the reveal video. I’ve never done anything like it, and I’m awkward when I take pictures. In the end, it was a great experience especially with such wholesome people. All the girls are encouraging, so I’m glad to have met them. Once the video is finished, I’ll make sure to provide the link in my blog! 

Since we are already in Week 4, our first midterms are next week! I’m going to try my best to study for everything and go to the gym. To anyone who is reading this, study hard and ace those exams. In the words of All Might, Go beyond! Plus Ultra!

The Symbol of Peace - All Might
Source: My Hero


No comments:

Post a Comment

Did You Guys Miss Me? 2022

 Dear My Loyal Followers,       Today I just remembered that I had this blog. It is crazy that its been two years since my last post. So man...