Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Reading Notes: Jataka Tales Part 1

The Crocodile and Monkey
I actually remember reading this tale earlier in the semester. I always enjoyed this story because of the clever monkey. My favorite part is where the monkey tricked the crocodile into talking.

The Merchant of Seri
I haven’t read this story yet. After reading it, the story exhibits the greed that some people have within them while juxtaposing that trait with selflessness. After time and time again, poor people are taken advantage of by others who have wealth. However, I’ve always believed that exploiting people especially the poor comes back as bad karma. I’m glad that the second merchant wasn’t greedy and gave the grandmother and girl something in exchange for the bowl.

Bibliography
Ellen C. Babbit, Jataka Tales, Site

The Merchant of Seri
Source: Sacred

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did You Guys Miss Me? 2022

 Dear My Loyal Followers,       Today I just remembered that I had this blog. It is crazy that its been two years since my last post. So man...